Vaccine storage and packaging refer to various laboratory devices and equipment used to preserve, store and transport vaccines. Some of the commonly used vaccine storage equipment includes refrigerators and freezers that store vaccine vials, ampoules, and corrugated boxes. The vaccines are packed and stored in individual containers and bundled together in cold boxes and carriers under cold chain facilities that regulate and maintain the desired internal temperature for ensuring safe transportation of the product. As a result, they find extensive applications across blood banks, hospitals, laboratories, pharmacies, and other healthcare centres.
Vaccine Storage And Packaging Market Report Scope and Segmentation
|UNIT||Value (USD Million/Billion)|
|BY REGION||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa|
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
Sudden outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has led to the augmenting demand for efficient vaccines to combat the risk of coronavirus infection, thereby propelling the growth of the vaccine storage and packaging solutions market. Rapid surge in demand for vaccine, owing to increase in population being infected by the COVID-19 virus coupled with the significant growth in the global population are driving the growth of the global vaccine storage & packaging market.
The pandemic has had a huge impact on the global economy, and the vaccine for the infection is essential to retain normalcy in the global economy. In 2020, numerous countries across the world were under lockdown for extensive period of time. By the end of 2020, some countries are locked down to safeguard themselves from the second wave of the infection. The increasing prevalence of various viral infections and immunological disorders along with the growing awareness towards early diagnosis and prevention of such diseases, are some of the factors driving the global vaccine storage and packaging market.
| Market Size Available for Years|
| Base Year Considered|
| Forecast Period|
| Forecast Unit|
| Segments Covered|
|Segment, Storage type, Packaging type, and End-user|
| Regions Covered|
|North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, LAMEA|
|Companies Covered||Gerresheimer AG, West pharmaceutical services, Inc., Becton, dickinson & business, Schott AG, Sgd s.a., Catalent, Inc., Stevanato team, Nipro companyCorning Incorporated, Piramal, Glass Private Limited, Schott AG, Amcor, AptarGroup Inc., DHL Group, FedEx, UPS, SF Express, World Courier|
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has positively impacted the production of various products in the vaccine storage and packaging market attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has boosted the growth of vaccine storage and packaging market from the last few months and is likely to continue during 2021.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of vaccine storage and packaging in the first quarter of 2021 and is anticipated to cause a positive impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for vaccine storage and packaging was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and China, which are positively affected by the spread of the coronavirus, thereby increasing the demand for vaccine storage and packaging.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Vaccine storage and packaging market manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis
- Vaccine storage and packaging market are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
Proper vaccine storage and handling practices play a very important role in protecting individuals and communities from vaccine-preventable diseases. Vaccine quality is the shared responsibility of everyone involved, from the time vaccine is manufactured until it is administered. The market is anticipated to be driven by technological advancements such as SDD refrigerators and RFIDs in the industry. Most of the leading companies have made significant investments in R&D to address the unmet medical needs in the storage and packaging of vaccines in health care facilities. Moreover, rise in e awreness about early disease diagnosis and prevention and increase in incidence of infectious diseases fosters the demand for protective vaccines drive the growth of the vaccine storage and packaging market.
- Increase in investment in research and development of vaccines by the healthcare institutions and biopharmaceutical companies and rise in government investment on immunization programs are anticipated to drive the market during the forecast period. For instance, the U.S. government supports several public agencies and programs involved in vaccine-related activities. Each year, the U.S. government spends hundreds of millions of dollars on research and development of vaccines to purchase and distribute vaccines to the states, ensure the safety of existing vaccines, and conduct educational and other outreach activities to encourage vaccine use.
- Steady rise in global immunization coverage drives the growth of the vaccine storage equipment market. For instance, according to WHO the estimated global vaccination coverage of Diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis (DTP3) was about 86.0% in 2018.
- Rapid technological advances undertaken for efficient storage and packaging of medicines and vaccines are projected to propel the growth of the market. For instance, Electronic time-temperature indicator (eTTI) monitors can be programmed to exactly follow the stability characteristics of vaccines with a high degree of realism. The monitors have a visual output, enabling vaccine status to be assessed at a glance, and can also output more detailed statistical data. When packaged with vaccine vials in groups of about 10 vials per box, the eTTI can remain with a vaccine throughout most of the vaccine’s lifetime. The monitors can detect essentially all cold-chain breaks, and can detect issues, such as inadvertent freezing, that are presently not detected by other vaccine stability monitors such as Vaccine Vial Monitors (VVM).
Key Segments Covered
- Vaccine Storage
- Vaccine Packaging
- Storage equipment
- Warehouse storage
- Packaging Type
- Vaccine Cool Bags
- Vials and Ampoules
- Corrugated Boxes
- Packaging Level
- Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Medical Laboratories
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the vaccine storage and packaging market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the vaccine storage and packaging market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed from 2020 to 2030 to highlight the vaccine storage and packaging market industry growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed vaccine storage and packaging market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Vaccine Storage and Packaging Market Report
- Who are the leading global players in the vaccine storage and packaging market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What is vaccine storage and packaging?
- What is vaccine storage and packaging market prediction in the future?
- What are the challenges faced in the vaccine storage and packaging market?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the key benefits of the vaccine storage and packaging market report?
Vaccine Storage and Packaging Market Report Highlights
|By Storage type|
|By Packaging type|
|Key Market Players||Gerresheimer AG, West pharmaceutical services, Inc., Schott AG, Sgd s.a., Catalent, Inc., Stevanato team, Nipro company, Corning Incorporated, Schott AGr, AptarGroup Inc.,|