The global rugged thermal cameras market size is experiencing significant growth and is expected to grow considerably in the next few years. The technology for rugged thermal camera detects objects and people in absolute darkness and very diverse conditions. It uses state-of-art technology to detect heat or thermal radiations. Based on temperature difference, these systems create a crisp image. These systems are reliable in areas where critical temperature exists, and they are compact and look similar to the normal digital camera providing ease to generate real-time high-resolution image. Recent advancements in infrared detectors have led to development of many remote infrared and thermal sensing devices for numerous applications such as space imaging, surveillance, and remote sensing. Nowadays, infrared and thermal imaging cameras are available with a wide range of performance capabilities and spectral sensitivity for a broad range of bands. On the other hand, supported by a combination of high-definition and thermal visible imaging, rugged thermal cameras deliver professional mariners, first responders, and recreational boats with safer navigation and enhanced situational awareness.
The global rugged thermal cameras market is segmented into type, application, end user, and region. Based on type, the market is further segmented into cooled and uncooled. In terms of application, the market is sub-divided into security & surveillance, monitoring & inspection, detection & measurement and others. Based on government, commercial, industrial and residential. Geographically, the global market is divided across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
Key players of the rugged thermal cameras market analyzed in the research include Flir Systems, Inc., Bae Systems, Raytheon Company, Leonardo Spa, Danaher Corporation, Axis Communication, L3 Technologies Inc., Thermoteknix Systems Ltd., Fluke, Bosch Security Systems, Bullard, and Honeywell International, Inc. They have adopted various strategies including new product launches, collaborations, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, agreements, and others to gain a stronghold and international presence across the world.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The global rugged thermal cameras market growth is majorly driven by the growing number of technical innovations and overall digital transformation in various industries across the globe. In addition, the growth of economies through digitalization is one of the significant factors, which enables the big giants to invest highly in digital transformation for changing their business models to get value-producing opportunities and stay ahead of their competitors along with improving the consistency and quality of their services. From artificial intelligence and rugged thermal cameras to the Internet of Things, the rising number of internet-connected devices around the world is contributing to the global rugged thermal camera market demand. Furthermore, a massive demand for these cameras comes from military and defense sectors, where these are used for border patrol, better security, and uses in drones. This factor is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market growth.
New product launches to flourish the rugged thermal cameras market
During the COVID-19 pandemic, increase in demand for rugged thermal cameras solutions from the healthcare and transportation industries has been observed. With strict social distancing norms being implemented in several economies, the demand for such rugged thermal cameras is expected to gain prominence at public places and airports to trace patients. In addition, several market players are developing innovative solutions that are integrated with AI. In May 2020, Honeywell International, Inc. introduced an AI-enabled rugged thermal camera that detects elevated body temperatures at the entryway of factories, airports, distribution centers, and other commercial buildings.
Surge in innovative applications of the market
Although rugged thermal cameras systems can see through light rain, fog, snow, and total darkness, the distance they can see is affected by atmospheric conditions. In addition, rising application areas provide a key opportunity for the rugged thermal camera market. Traditionally, rugged thermal camera systems were meant for the military sector but have got heavily commercialized in various other sectors due to technological evolutions. The appearance of integrated solutions, such as smartphones, automotive, and closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras, is expected to boost the growth of rugged thermal cameras market share.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- In the healthcare industry, various researchers are deploying thermal cameras to capture and measure human temperature due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. These cameras aid in detecting temperature with precision and detail.
- The technology is also used to detect several other illnesses, wherein skin temperatures reflect the underlying tissue inflammation or variations in blood flow.
- In September 2019, healthcare facilities in France adopted infrared thermography as a substitution to X-rays in mammograms for screening breast cancer. The infrared thermography is less invasive and painless compared to mammography. It detects temperature differences on the body’s surface.
- The growing adoption of rugged thermal camera technology in healthcare & life science sector is expected to drive further innovations in neonatal care.
Market scope and structure analysis:
|Market size available for years||2018–2030|
|Base year considered||2021|
|Forecast unit||Value (USD)|
|Segments covered||Type, Application, End User, and Region|
|Regions covered||North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa)|
|Companies covered||Flir Systems, Inc., Bae Systems, Raytheon Company, Leonardo Spa, Danaher Corporation, Axis Communication, L3 Technologies Inc., Thermoteknix Systems Ltd., Fluke, Bosch Security Systems, Bullard, and Honeywell International, Inc.|
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global rugged thermal cameras industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global rugged thermal cameras market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2027 to highlight the global rugged thermal cameras market trends and growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed rugged thermal cameras market scope analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Key segments covered: