Food extrusion is a processby which a set of mixed ingredients are forced through a реrfоrаtеd рlаtе or dуе ореnіng, which produces food products of desired size, shape,and texture. The machine that forces the mix through the die is an extruder, and the mix is known as the extrudate. The extruder consists of a large, rotating screw tightly fitting within a stationary barrel, connected to a die at the end. Extruded food products are high in starch content and are made by the extrusion of numerous ingredients, including corn, potatoes, wheat, oats, and tapioca. Some of the extruded food items include bread (croutons, breadsticks, and flatbreads), pasta, breakfast cereals, and ready-to-eat snacks, full-fat soy, textured vegetable protein confectionery, pre-made cookie dough, some baby foods, some beverages, and dry & semi-moist pet foods. Innovations in the industry include enhanced equipment design with improved productivity and reducing the production cost, which will boost the food extrusion market.
Market scope and structure analysis
|Market size available for years||2020–2030|
|Base year considered||2021|
|Forecast units||Value ($US)|
|Segments covered||Type, Extruder, and Process|
|Regions covered||North America (U.S., Canada and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), LAMEA (Middle East, Brazil, and Rest of LAMEA)|
|Companies covered||Coperion GmbH, The Bonnot Company, Triott Group B.V., Baker Perkins Limited, Groupe Legris Industries, The Bühler Holding AG, Akron Tool & Die Co. Inc., Flexicon Corporation, Pavan SpA, and American Extrusion|
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The pandemic and lockdown situation has boosted the demand for food products, bakery items, and packed hygienic food during the early stage of the pandemic.
- Manufacturers are not getting raw material on time due to the lockdown and restrictions on transport activities hampering the production and distribution.
- Most of the companies are facing low demand for food products and also lag in the supply chain.
- Consumers are moving more toward buying from the online food store and food delivery applications, which is being a new trend for the food extrusion market supply chain.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Rising awareness regarding healthy snacking habits, changing lifestyle of consumers, rapid urbanization, and rising adoption of nutritional eatables are the factors rising the demand of food extrusion in the market and they provide metabolic benefits, essential vitamins, and nutrients that are beneficial for the body. In addition, rising veganism, increasing the demand for textured protein, and growing demand for meat substitute fuel the food extrusion market growth. However, instable factors like global climatic conditions affect the production of raw materials including tapioca, corn, and potato, which are the major restraints of the market. Contrarily, investment in low-cost production of extruded food products will rise the demand from mid & low-income groups.
Europedominates the food extrusion market with the highest market share due to the rising consumer base & growth in food processing units and food manufacturing technology with stringent food safety regulations. The European food companies are focusing more on savory snacks utilize food extruder machines and cereal production and an increase in bread consumption are also increasing the growth of the food extrusion market in Europe. The North American market is the highest-grossing market after the European market due to the high demand of textured protein from health-conscious consumers.
Asia-Pacific is the highest growing market with emerging economies like India, China, and Indonesia, rising preference for processed foods and ready-to-eat food products, increasing disposable income, and demand by youngsters & millennials.
Key Segments Covered
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global food extrusion industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global food extrusion market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2027 to highlight the global food extrusion market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the food extrusion market.
- The report provides a detailed global food extrusion market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Food Extrusion MarketResearch Report:
- Which are the leading players active in the food extrusion market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the food extrusion market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Food Extrusion Market Report Highlights
|By Product Type|
|Key Market Players||Coperion GmbH, The Bonnot Company, Triott Group B.V., Baker Perkins Limited, Groupe Legris Industries, The Bühler Holding AG, Akron Tool & Die Co. Inc., Flexicon Corporation, Pavan SpA, American Extrusion|