Activated carbon filters are small pieces of carbon in granular form. These carbon filters are porous in nature. Contaminants absorption is directly dependent on porosity of the carbon. Activated carbon in thin packets are used in the purifying devices, such as HEPA air filters and water purifiers. Absorption is a distinct process where the carbon filters react chemically with organic compound and absorb them. These activated carbon filters absorb more contaminants then the traditional carbon filters. Capacity of absorbing differ in as per the quality and type of carbon filter used, the filters that contain more activated carbon has higher capacity to absorb contaminates. Over the past few years, the activated carbon filters market has witnessed a significant growth due to its multiple uses such as air filter, water purification, industrial gas processing, & purification of sugarcane. The organic sources of activated carbon are bamboo, coconut husk, willow peat, wood, coir, lignite, coal, and petroleum pitch. The growth of the activated carbon filters market is expected to rapidly incline during the forecast period.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
|Market Size Available for Years||2020–2030|
|Base Year Considered||2021|
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, LAMEA|
|Segment Covered||Products Type, Price Point, Application Distribution Channel, and Region|
|Companies Covered||Puragen Activated Carbons, Lenntech B.v., Chemietron Clean Tech Pvt. Ltd., General Carbon Corporation, Kuraray Co. Ltd., Cabot Corporation., TIGG LLC., and WesTech Engineering Inc.|
COVID-19 Impact Analysis-
- Entire economy was facing unpredictable challenges, during the COVID-19 pandemic, which have led to disruption in supply chain and drastic impact on economy. In phase of this pandemic, the demand of the activated carbon filters market kept upstreaming due to use of activated carbon filter in production of face mask.
- The demand for activated carbon filters kept rising during the COVID-19 outbreak; activated carbon filters uses such as laboratories, activated carbon filters are also used in drug manufacturing process. Lockdown has adverse effects on supply chain of raw material & availability of man power, which has led to disruptions in production cycle of activated carbon filters.
Top Impacting Factors
- Use of activated carbon filter is playing a significant role in water purification technologies. Activated carbon filters are playing a vital role in waste water treatment as the waste released in water bodies comprises fecal waste, toxic pollutants, & industrial chemical releases. The activated carbon filters here purifies by binding them as a retentate and releasing pure water as permeate. The demand for activated carbon in the industrial sector is taking over conventional filter business that are inefficient and capital intensive.
- Activated carbon filters have now secured a wide domestic market application such as UV, RO water filters that use activated carbon filter membranes as a primary filter medium. Current scenario of poor water quality has peddled activated carbon membranes as a regular replacement unit of a water filter with its replacement span cycle. This has caused a constant consumer demand in activated carbon filters market.
- New start-up businesses are investing in the research of activated carbon filters in curbing poisonous and carcinogenic effluents mainly in applications such as clean natural gas for power generation, reduction in emission of solvents that pose a deadly contamination risk and reduction of flu gases during incineration process. Due to increase in mass usage of activated carbon filters, companies are steered to increase the production of activated carbon.
- The wide acceptance form consumerism has led the activated carbon filter market to boom in several sectors for its multi-purpose applications, low cost, and least side effect. The market is expected to grow exponentially in upcoming time to support the prevailing trend of consumers.
Pharma companies as key driver in growth of activated carbon filters market.
In sterile manufacturing process, a typical pharma industry makes use of activated carbon filters in synthesis, purification, and filtration of active pharma ingredients. Activated carbon itself is used as lifesaving drugs prescription in severe cases of poisoning. The demand for activated carbon filters displays significant scope during the forecast period due to substantial growth in the pharma sector.
Inclination in consumption of activated carbon filters in purification processes by the FMCG sector.
Increase in the demand for activated carbon filters in food and beverages industries has been witnessed due to its increase in application in purifying & filtration processes such as removing colors from fruit juice, modification in the taste of alcohols, treating sugarcanes, and purification of edibles oils.
Use of activated carbon filters in manufacturing of cigarettes filters.
Application of activated carbon in cigarettes industries drives the demand for activated carbon filters. Activated carbon are majorly used for manufacturing cigarettes filter. Smoking cigarettes has become a trend among youngsters, which fuel the consumption of cigarettes; thereby, fueling the growth of the market.
Increase in use in production of cosmetic products.
The cosmetics industries are introducing activated carbon in their beauty care products such as toothpastes, soap bars, wash gels, and face peel off mask. These products absorb dirt, contaminants present on surface, and help in effective cleaning of face and teethes, which is considered as one of the main factors that boost the growth of the activated carbon filters market.
Key Segments Covered
- Stainless Steel Shell
- Carbon Steel Shell
- Food and Beverages
- Chemical Retail Stores
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Benefits of Report-
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the activated carbon filters industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the activated carbon filters market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2028 to highlight the activated carbon filters market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed activated carbon filters market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Report –
- Who are the leading market players active in the activated carbon filters market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Activated Carbon Filters Market Report Highlights
|By Products Type|
|By Price Point|
|By Distribution Channel|
|Key Market Players||Puragen Activated Carbons, Lenntech B.v., Chemietron Clean Tech Pvt. Ltd., General Carbon Corporation, Kuraray Co. Ltd., Cabot Corporation., TIGG LLC., WesTech Engineering Inc.|