Description of the Report
The world white mineral oil (petroleum) market was worth USD 1.47 billion in 2018. The white oil’s primary properties are the low sulfur and aromatic content, a higher hydrophobicity, and compatibleness with various fluids. This is why it is used in multiple industries, including personal care, pharmaceutical textiles, food processing, polymers, and other niche industries.
Polymers, pharmaceuticals, and textile industries are among the key users that have influenced markets for mineral whites in the past few times. Leading players in the field provide a variety of grades depending on the purpose for which they are used. For example, Calumet Specialty Product Partners, L.P., the U.S., located in the United States, offers therapeutic and pharmaceutical grade products under brand names like Peneteck and Drake. Laxatives, active ingredient carrier gelatin capsules, lubricants for tablets, and topical ointments are among the most important pharmaceutical applications the company is targeting.
Consumption dynamics, application dynamics manufacturing dominance, and the level of competition are the main factors determining the market’s effectiveness for white oils. Various global players are active in the world of white fat. The demand for white mineral oil shows significant fragmentation due to the existence of an unorganized and considerable segment in the market. The prevailing competition between established firms and the numerous establishments located in the developing regions has increased the market’s competitiveness in recent years.
Vertical integration throughout the value chain is predicted to boost the intensity of rivalry over the next few years. Sinopec Corporation, Petro Canada, Royal Dutch Shell N.V., and Sonneborn, Inc. are among the fully integrated players within this value chain. In addition, there is a substantial presence of regional market players, especially those located within India, China, and other developing nations. This will likely boost market competition and, eventually, the competitive landscape for white oil over the next few years.
White Mineral Oil (Petroleum) Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 1.47 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 3.2% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||End-user, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East & Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||ExxonMobil, Nynas AB, Sasol, Petro-Canada, Sonneborn, Inc., and Sinopec Corporation|
- Personal service
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Czech Republic
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Northern Africa
- Rest of MEA
- North America
The reasons behind this study
The research focuses on the white oil market’s dynamics and spread across various industries.
- The growth in the market for cosmetics and personal care products, pharmaceuticals, and polymers, as well as the application of white mineral oils in these areas, are the most important trends to be studied.
- The awareness of consumers and general spending patterns on personal care products were studied to understand the drivers of growth. This helped us monitor trends in every region.
- Brands, geographical presence, and the grades provided by major players and the company of local players are a few of the factors to be studied to determine the market’s competitiveness overall.
- The impact of the regulations that govern the use of synthetic and skin products for hair and skin care in Europe is also considered when analyzing their effect on the expansion of the market for white mineral oils.
What does the report comprise
- The white mineral oil (petroleum) market report is a comprehensive study that includes:
- In-depth analysis of qualitative aspects of market drivers, the restraining factors, and the opportunities
- Assessment of the industry using the value chain of the industry along with Porters Five Forces analysis models
- Impact of socio-economical, political, technological, environmental, and legal aspects on the marketplace through PESTEL analysis
- Actual market size and forecast estimates based on application and location
Should I pay for this report
The customers who will benefit from this comprehensive market research study include investors and industry players operating in oil refining, downstream and upstream pharmaceuticals, petrochemicals and pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, personal care, personal care, and polymer processing. The study will greatly benefit:
- Executives from companies working in the distribution and manufacturing of petrochemicals areas
- Regional managers and regional heads that are looking for new avenues and ventures to open up new markets
- Investors, financial managers, and venture capitalists seeking to assess forecasts and trends that pertain to mining oil.
- Educationalists, researchers, analysts and strategy-planning heads, and academic institutions seeking to learn more about how white mineral oil market’s dynamic
- Authorities of the government, regulatory agencies, and other regulatory organizations.