Description of the Report
New Coronavirus Strains Bring New Innovations with Nasal Sprays Packaging
A nasal spray developed by Vancouver-based biotech company SaNOtize is being strengthened by its Phase II trial results to reduce the COVID-19 infection rate in patients. These trends have created potential business opportunities for North American nasal spray packaging manufacturers.
In the past, COVID-19 vaccinations have slowed the rate of innovation for nasal sprays. However, the advent of new viruses and the inability to remain COVID-19-free following vaccination have rekindled the potential of nasal sprays. Businesses in the North American nasal spray packaging market are profiting from these changes. Packaging companies are working with healthcare providers to create effective and safe nasal sprays against viruses that do not interfere with packaging materials.
Epoxide Lined Aluminum in Metal Containers helps to avoid chemical Attacks.
It is estimated that the North American nasal spray packaging market is anticipated to reach 121million units at the end of 2023. However, certain substances such as the metals used in pressurized bottles and pump canisters can react in the raw state in nasal spray formulas. To overcome this problem, manufacturers use aluminium lined with vinyl, epoxide or phenolic resins to prevent reactions in the natural condition of the nasal spray formulas.
Tin is becoming popular due to its resistance to chemical attacks. But, it’s also one of the more expensive metals when compared to iron, aluminium and lead.
Conformity to CRSF Regulatory Requirements Allows Manufacturers to Bolster Credibility Credentials
Packaging solutions that are child-resistant and senior-friendly are in high demand in the North American nasal spray packaging market. Aptar Pharma -a specialist in product delivery systems and consumer packaged solutions – is profiting from this opportunity to launch its children-resistant and senior-friendly seal for nasal sprays. Manufacturers of the North American nasal spray packaging market are growing their research and development capabilities to create simple and user-friendly nasal spray systems while ensuring they are safe to gain an edge over competitors in the market.
Packaging companies operating in the U.S. nasal spray packaging market adhere to the regulatory specifications in CRSF (Child Resistant and Senior Friendly) packaging solutions for multi-dose dispensers. They use well-established CRSF technologies to ensure security during use and avoid accidental access.
Innovative Containers that are Compatible With Next Gen Saline Seawater Nasal Sprays
Manufacturers of the North American nasal spray packaging market are expanding their production capacity in spray bottles using pumps and nebulizers to ensure steady revenue streams. Since nasal spray formulations containing saline are predicted to hold the most revenue share of all drugs on the market, companies are expanding their production capacities for carbonated saline-based medical devices.
Companies operating in the North American nasal spray packaging market are joining forces to create materials to support the next generation of nasal sprays containing seawater and saline. They are creating packaging solutions that work with non-drug nasal rinses that are compounded with clinically tested carbon dioxide (CO2) ingredients and saline. (CO2).
The Turnkey Packaging format for Industrialized Packages Makes a Statement on Allergic Rhinitis Nasal Sprays.
The rising incidence of perennial and seasonal allergic rhinitis among children and adults has led to the need for solid products for nasal sprays as well as packaging across Canada and the U.S. and Canada. The rising demand for fixed-dose nasal spray has created profits for companies that operate in the North American nasal spray packaging market. The severe manifestations of allergies, such as nasal congestion, sneezing, eye-watering and itching of the nose, have driven the market for nasal sprays.
Allergies can seriously impact the quality of life of people and can cause functional impairments. Thus, North American nasal spray packaging manufacturers are profiting from this opportunity to increase their capabilities in producing bottles and containers. They focus more on fully industrialized formats built to accommodate current filling and packaging production lines.
North America Nasal Spray Packaging Market: Overview
- In MWR’s latest study on the North America nasal spray packaging market for the historic duration between 2015through and 2019and, the forecast timeframe of 2020to 2030, the market is anticipated to expand due to continuous and robust demand for nasal sprays across the various countries in the region.
- The North American nasal spray packaging market is anticipated to grow at an annual growth rate of 5.1 per cent during the forecast time.
- Nasal spray packaging offers outstanding dimensional stability and adequate ability of the drug to be used for multiple uses, thus increasing its consumption in North America. This has led to significant demand for nasal spray packaging options across North America.
No-needle Vaccination and Systemic Distribution of Drugs that Drive Nasal Spray Marketing in North America
- Nasal drug delivery has been proven the most popular method of effectively treating local infections in the nasal opening, including allergic rhinitis caused by nasal congestion. Additionally, nasal drug delivery is a viable method for needle-free vaccination and complete delivery of medications when speedy attention and strokes become essential, for example, when dealing with migraine and pain treatment.
- Nasal containers for drug delivery typically employ no-metering of the drug formulations and come in the form of squeeze bottles or droppers. But pre-measured nasal spray containers give a precise dose every time. Furthermore, the spray created by these systems will provide consumers with an even coating of droplets or particles over the areas of focus, ensuring greater effectiveness in drug delivery and absorption. This is a significant factor in the market for nasal spray packaging development.
- Today, consumers can avail of both bi-dose and unit-dose nasal sprays for drug delivery that are either being developed or commercially available to treat various disorders, including hormonal illnesses, migraine, pain management, sleep aids, and vaccines, among others. These will likely significantly increase this North American nasal spray packaging market’s expansion.
Manufacturers Facing Challenges to meet the requirements of regulatory requirements.
- High-end technological advances in nasal drug delivery and regulatory and technical expectations regarding nasal sprays have changed over the last couple of years across North America.
- As per the U.S. FDA, the nasal sprays must conform to standard requirements for droplet or particle size distribution patterns, spray patterns, and homogeneity in the dose and meet higher standards. Specific emerging or local players in the packaging for nasal sprays market have not been able to meet the ever-growing demands of quality and regulatory requirements.
- The FDA believes that they can use nasal drug delivery systems to conduct the human factor assessment (HFA) via the R&D process. Small units or bi-dose drug sprays for delivery are suitable for this task due to their straightforward layout and dimensions and are easily altered and personalized.
- However, specific multi-dose nasal delivery devices fail to meet standards for the most critical HFA aspects like consumer influence and consumer environments complexity of devices, Failure modes, etc. other factors. In light of all these factors, there is a chance that the North American nasal spray packaging market is expected to be affected shortly.
North America Nasal Spray Packaging Market: Key Findings
- Quantitatively pumps are believed to be responsible for a larger market share due to the low prices and wide use of the drug. This segment will take approximately 4/5 of its market shares in 2025.
- Based on the type of drug and type, saline nasal sprays are expected to hold approximately 35 per cent of sales in 2030due due to their increased usage in multi-dose packaging formats. On the other hand, the segment of steroid nasal spray is predicted to double within North America.
- In terms of dosage format, the multi-dose segment is expected to offer the most excellent chance of incremental revenue of US$25Mn. 25Mn in the forecast timeframe.
- The U.S. is expected to majorly contribute to about 85% of the North American market by 2025. The market is expected to experience significant growth over the next few years.
North America Nasal Spray Packaging Market: Competition Landscape
- MWR has determined that it was found that the North American nasal spray packaging market is highly competitive for newcomers due to established companies operating within the market. The competitiveness among key players is thoroughly studied in light of the latest developments, strategies, and revenue segments for the companies in the last five years.
- In the latest study on the market for nasal sprays, the MWR team included profiles of top players. This includes
- Berry North America Inc.
- Gerresheimer AG
- AptarGroup, Inc.
- West Pharmaceutical Service Inc.
- Amcor PLC
- Nolato AB
- Bormioli Pharma United States Inc.
- Coster Tecnologie Speciali S.p.A
- SGD S.A.
- Comar LLC
- MWR identified the players into Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 according to their earnings segment. Of these, AptarGroup, Inc., Bormioli Pharma and Berry North America Inc. are considered Tier 1 competitors. In 2019, these firms had a market share of between 15 and 25 per cent. Tier 2 players are Gerresheimer AG, West Pharmaceutical Service Inc., Amcor Plc and a few other big players. Tier 3 players include Coster the Tecnologie Speciali S.p.A., Nolato AB SGD S.A., Comar. LLC, as well as numerous other players from around the world.
COVID-19 will bring growth opportunities to the Nasal Spray Packaging Market in North America
- North America’s consumption of nasal spray packaging products is predicted to surpass billions of doses by 2020 due to the rapid increase in healthcare product consumption in the context of COVID-19. The current coronavirus outbreak has contributed to these records due to the urgent need for vaccination for everyone around the globe, and nasal sprays have gained recognition as needle-free vaccines.
- Drug companies and government agencies across the globe have been involved in developing or producing new nasal sprays for treating the new coronavirus.
- Then, in August 2020, the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson announced that the U.S. FDA had approved the SPRAVATO (esketamine) CIII nasal spray.
North America Nasal Spray Packaging Market The scope of the Report
MWR has launched a new market research study for the North American nasal spray packaging market, presenting forecasts for 2020-2030. The study shows that opportunities for growth in the market for nasal spray packaging are evident. The Report offers valuable information that helps readers make the right business decisions for the future growth of their business. The Report focuses on the significant elements that constantly determine the development of the market for nasal sprays and the unexplored opportunities for manufacturers, the latest trends and developments, and other information across important diverse segments. Economic factors that directly or indirectly impact the market’s growth are also included in the study.
Important Questions Answered within MWRs North America Nasal Spray Packaging Market Report
- What is the market size of the nasal spray industry by 2030?
- What is the effect of COVID-19’s effects on the markets for nasal spray packaging?
- Which container is likely to be the most popular for nasal spray packaging? What was the size of its market in the year 2019?
- Which country will remain the most profitable for growth in the market?
- Which dosage type has the highest market part for the North American nasal spray packaging market?
- Who are the major players in the market for nasal sprays?
The most important indicators related to the market for nasal spray packaging have been thoroughly calculated in the study. The study provides essential market dynamics like the drivers, challenges and trends, and opportunities within this North American nasal spray packaging market. A thorough study of the value chain that includes manufacturers, component suppliers, distributors, manufacturers, and final customers, is included in this North American market report. Other crucial aspects laid out in the market include the pricing strategies of the top market players and a comparative analysis of the nasal spray packaging. In addition, forecast aspects and scenarios for the market for packaging for nasal sprays are covered in the Report to help understand the future market prospects.
A complete analysis and forecast of the market for nasal spray packaging are offered according to the kind of container, the drug type dosage form, and the country in which it is located.
The study includes a growth comparison based on Y-o-Y, revenue and volume comparison, and market share comparison for various market segments. The market for nasal spray packaging is studied at a country level.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the market for nasal sprays and an overview of all the major company profiles included in the Report. Each company’s share analysis of market players is provided in the Report, along with the footprint matrix of the profiled market players. The Report highlights the existence of manufacturers of nasal sprays through their intensity mapping. It also highlights the critical customers for packing nasal sprays.
The report also provides an overview of the company of the major players. The major companies that are profiled in the Report’s market report on nasal spray packaging are Berry North America Inc., Gerresheimer AG, AptarGroup, Inc., West Pharmaceutical Service Inc., Amcor PLC, Nolato AB, Bormioli Pharma United States Inc., Coster Tecnologie Speciali S.p.A, SGD S.A. as well as Comar LLC, among others.
A rational approach, combined with a comprehensive approach, forms the foundation for sharp analysis, which is offered in the market for nasal sprays for the study evaluation period. The MWR report is packed with specific information about the market growth and prospects, in addition to a fascinating insight into the forecast analysis for the industry.
A vast amount of primary and secondary research is used to gather insightful insights into the forecast research of the market for nasal spray packaging. The Report was further put through cross-validation with in-house experts to make the spray packaging market report unique and of the highest quality.
|Nasal Spray Packaging Market Report Scope and Segmentation|
|UNIT||Value (USD Million/Billion)|
|BY REGION||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa|
North America Nasal SprayPackaging Market Segmentation
This North American nasal spray packaging market is divided according to the type of container, the type of drug dosage form, and the country. The various segments have been examined to give readers an overall market view.
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Czech Republic
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Northern Africa
- Rest of MEA