Melt-Blown Nonwovens Market is likely to witness an impressive CAGR of 16.0% during the forecast period. Growing applications of nonwoven fabrics to maintain personal hygiene, globally rising demand for masks owing to increasing impact of COVID-19 and growing product demand from medical & healthcare industry are some of the major factors fueling the growth of the market during the forecast period.
|Melt-Blown Nonwovens Market – Snapshot|
|Growth||16.0% for the next five years|
|Dominant Material Type||Polypropylene|
|Major Product Type||Fine Fibers|
|Region with the highest demand||Asia-Pacific|
|Key Players||ATEX directive, Don & Low, DuPont, Freudenberg Performance Materials, Irema Ireland, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Mogul, OC Oerlikon, The Dow Chemical Company, and Toray Industries, Inc.|
Melt-Blown Nonwovens Market Share: By Material Type
Based on the material type, the market is segmented as polypropylene, polyester, polystyrene, polyurethane, polyamides, polycarbonate, and others. Polypropylene is estimated to be the dominant material type during the forecast period owing to its excellent features, such as strong barrier performance, soft-touch properties, and excellent uniformity. Factors such as its utilization in various end-use industries, for it being the most versatile polymer available with a wide range of applications including personal hygiene, medical, and air filtration, and the growing demand for masks owing to the growing impact of COVID-19, are expected to accelerate the market growth over the forecast period.
Melt-Blown Nonwovens Market Report Scope and Segmentation
|UNIT||Value (USD Million/Billion)|
|BY REGION||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa|
Melt-Blown Nonwovens Market Share: By Product Type
Based on the product type, the market is segmented as fine fibers and dual textures. The fine fibers segment is estimated to account for the larger share of the market during the forecast period, owing to a large number of applications in various end-use industries. The global rise in the impact of COVID-19 pandemic and increasing requirements for providing safety to healthcare workers is resulting in an increased demand for medical apparels, masks & PPE kits, pushing the manufacturers to expand their production capacity, thus boosting the market growth over the forecast period.
Melt-Blown Nonwovens Market Share: By Region
In terms of regions, Asia-Pacific is estimated to witness significant growth owing to the increasing demand for personal and feminine hygiene products during the forecast period. Further, the growth in population of working-class female and increasing demand for facial masks and PPE kits owing to the rising incidence of COVID-19 cases is likely to drive the regional market growth during the forecast period. Factors such as the region being the manufacturing hub and one of the key suppliers of melt-blown nonwovens, large population, significant growth in end-user industries, and China, India, and Indonesia being the major countries witnessing significant growth in the expansion of production capacity, are expected to fuel the regional market growth over the forecast period. North America and Europe are also estimated to offer substantial growth opportunities during the forecast period.
Market Scope & Segmentation
Melt-blown nonwoven fabrics are basically made up of thermoplastic synthetic polymers by using a single-step process i.e., melt-blown spinning process which transforms polymer chips or granules as a raw material into the randomly-laid fiber web structures. They are made directly from the polymer stage to randomly-laid nonwoven fabrics.
This report studies the market covering a period of 12 years of trend and forecast. The report provides detailed insights into the market dynamics to enable informed business decision making and growth strategy formulation based on the opportunities present in the market.
The melt-blown nonwovens market is segmented into the following categories.
Melt-Blown Nonwovens Market Size, Share, & Forecast, by Material Type:
- Polypropylene (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
- Polyester (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
- Polystyrene (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
- Polyurethane (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
- Polyamides (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
- Polycarbonate (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
- Others (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
Melt-Blown Nonwovens Market Size, Share, & Forecast, by Product Type:
- Fine Fibers (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
- Dual Textures (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
Melt-Blown Nonwovens Market Size, Share, & Forecast, by Region:
- North America (Country Analysis: the USA, Canada, and Mexico)
- Europe (Country Analysis: Germany, France, the UK, Russia, Spain, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Country Analysis: China, Japan, India, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- Rest of the World (Sub-Region Analysis: Latin America, the Middle East, and Others)
Some of the key players in the melt-blown nonwovens market are-
- ATEX directive
- Don & Low
- Freudenberg Performance Materials
- Irema Ireland
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- OC Oerlikon
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Toray Industries, Inc.
This report offers high-quality insights and is the outcome of detailed research methodology comprising extensive secondary research, rigorous primary interviews with industry stakeholders and validation and triangulation with Markwide Research’s internal database and statistical tools. More than 1,000 authenticated secondary sources, such as company annual reports, fact book, press release, journals, investor presentation, white papers, patents, and articles have been leveraged to gather the data. We conducted more than 10 detailed primary interviews with the market players across the value chain in all four regions and with industry experts to obtain both the qualitative and quantitative insights.
This report provides market intelligence in the most comprehensive way. The report structure has been kept such that it offers maximum business value. It provides critical insights into the market dynamics and will enable strategic decision making for the existing market players as well as those willing to enter the market. The following are the key features of the report:
- Market structure: Overview, industry life cycle analysis, supply chain analysis
- Market environment analysis: Growth drivers and constraints, Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis
- Market trend and forecast analysis
- Market segment trend and forecast
- Competitive landscape and dynamics: Market share, product portfolio, product launches, etc.
- Attractive market segments and associated growth opportunities
- Emerging trends
- Strategic growth opportunities for the existing and new players
- Key success factors