Value-added products for WPC Bring in Revenue Opportunities during Coronavirus Pandemic.
Ionomer Resins Market of the decrease in coronavirus cases and the decline in coronavirus cases, companies in the Asia Pacific ionomer resins market for the construction industry are experiencing an increase in their business. Companies are focused on critical applications like lamination, Wood Plastic Composites (WPC), and glass interlayers to keep their economies running despite the weak demand.
Companies operating in the Asia Pacific ionomer resins market for the construction industry are cooperating to enhance research and produce high-value products. They are becoming cost-competitive and utilizing stimulus programs from the government to stay financially viable. Manufacturers are taking advantage of opportunities for revenue that are positive or limited in negatively impacted fields to assure continuity. They are strengthening local production capabilities to decrease dependence on foreign countries for raw materials and other goods.
Can Alternative Highly Weatherable Compounds Replace Expensive Ionomer Resins
It is estimated that the Asia Pacific ionomer resin market for the construction industry is predicted to grow at a rate of 5.5 percent over the forecast time. This is apparent since other and less costly, highly weatherable materials to be used as the layer of the cap of WPC are being developed as alternatives to expensive ionomer resins. But, the traditional ionomer materials can’t be entirely replaced by the latest weatherable compounds because ionomer resins have outstanding resistance to stains, scratches, and impacts, among other conditions.
WPCs could be an alternative to traditional lumber due to the old’s low lifecycle cost. The end-users favor lightweight and minimal maintenance of WPC.
Structural Glass Applications Fuel Demand for Ionomer Resins
Ionomer resin is promoted as a stronger and more robust interlayer than Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB). Manufacturers of the Asia Pacific ionomer resins market for the construction industry are increasing their production capacity since Ionomer resins are compatible with certain metals and can create custom glass structures. This is how this is the case. Asia Pacific ionomer resins market for the construction industry is forecast to exceed US dollars 11,528.9Th by 2031. Structural glass applications, such as significant, unsupported sections of feature glass as well as glass steps or glass floors, are driving the demand for Ionomer resins. Interlayers that are made of Ionomer resins are processed with an autoclave.
Experiments with PEMFCs Improving the demand for Ionomer Resins
Ionomer resins are an integral component of anion exchange membrane fuel cells (AEMFCs). Companies in the Asia Pacific ionomer resins market for the construction industry are increasing their research on a series of hydroxide-ion-conducting ionomers for the catalyst binder for the membrane electrode assembly in AEMFCs.
Electrode ionomer has a significant impact on the structure of the catalyst layer as well as the performance of fuel cells. Companies operating in the Asia Pacific ionomer resins market for the construction industry are taking advantage of the revenue potential of electrode ionomers to create sustainable proton exchange membrane fuel cells (PEMFCs). PEMFCs are now being utilized in the field of transportation. Microbial fuel cells made of proton exchange membranes gained attention due to their superior performance and invention of anode-based materials.
Looking for a Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape for the Ionomer Resins Market for Construction Industry for Performance OEM Request a customized report.
Asia Pacific Ionomer Resins Market for Construction Industry: Overview
- Ionomer resins are typically thermoplastic resins used for packaging purposes due to their excellent barrier properties. They are renowned for their clearness and adjustability, as well as their toughness, ease of manufacturing, and their cost-effectiveness. Ionomer resins are resistant to oil penetration and a low sealing temperature.
- Ethylene Acrylic Acid Copolymer (EAA) can be described as a widely utilized ionomer resin. It is generally used as a tie-layer, or adhesive resin that can stick to polar substrates, aluminum foil, metalized film, sheets, and glass. EAA resins offer significant resistance to acid, oil, and grease. They also provide excellent resistance to tears, punctures, and scratching.
- Surlyn resins, made by DuPont, are among the most commonly available commercially-available ionomer resins that are employed in packaging applications, such as the packaging of food items, cosmetics the packaging of medical devices, as well as stretch and skin packaging.
- In Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the market for ionomer-based resins for the construction industry over the period from 2021 until 2031, the increasing use of ionomer-based resins in automobiles is one of the significant factors which is predicted to increase the market for ionomer-based resins for construction industries throughout the Asia Pacific during the forecast timeframe.
- In terms of revenue, the ionomer-based resins market for the construction industries across the Asia Pacific is estimated to surpass US$1 11,528.9Th by 2031, growing by a CAGR of 5.5 percent in the forecast period.
Increase in Demand for Wood Plastic Composite (WPC) in Construction Industry: Key Driver of Asia Pacific Ionomer Resins Market for Construction Industry
- WPCs (WPC) is made primarily using thermoplastic resins (typically synthetic) and wood flour filler. However, thermoset resins and naturally-derived resin systems are also utilized. The production of WPC is seen as a highly dynamic and rapidly growing segment in the wood industry.
- WPC is a rapidly growing family of thermoplastics that are utilized in construction and building projects such as decking and boardwalks flooring and fencing and railing, cladding (siding) fencing, railings imitation wood shingles doors, and window profile exterior trims for buildings, interior beams, trims and lumbers
- China is the most significant part of the composites made from the wood market the Asia Pacific. It is the largest industry for manufacturing around the globe. China is also a substantial user of WPC materials. WPC is environmentally friendly, and the use of these products has increased significantly over the last decade, which has driven the demand for WPC within China.
- The demand of WPC across India and Japan is expected to boost Ionomer resin demand within the construction industry in these countries. Additionally, WPCs are increasingly used in these countries for construction and outdoor uses. And the construction sector. Countries located in Asia, which include Thailand, India, Indonesia, China, Japan, Malaysia as well as South Korea, are gradually expanding their production capacities of WPC to meet the increasing demand for WPC across the Asia Pacific. This means that the increase in the demand for WPC and the growth of the construction sector in emerging economies are predicted to increase the need for Ionomer resins in the forecast timeframe.
- The growth of construction activity in countries like China, India, and Japan is anticipated to increase the demand for wall panels, flooring cabinets, and other items. The result is expected to boost sales for WPC in the coming years.
Ethyl Acrylic Acid (EAA) Resin Dominates Asia Pacific Ionomer Resins Market for Construction Industry
- The resin-based ethyl acrylic acid (EAA) segment was the most dominant Ionomer resins market in construction throughout the Asia Pacific in 2020. This is primarily due to the increasing need for WPC and laminations for diverse packaging industries like food & beverage and cosmetics.
- Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB) resin made up of Ionomer resins is used in limited uses. Its polyvinyl butyral (PVB) sector is predicted to grow steadily throughout the forecast.
- The ethyl acrylic acid (EAA) segment is expected to see significant growth over the forecast timeframe since it is employed in numerous applications like WPC lamination interlayers made of glass, as well as building-integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV)
The rise in Application of Ionomer Resins in Lamination Application Segment
- As a percentage of its value laminate application segment is predicted to be the dominant ionomer market in the construction industry of Asia Pacific during the forecast timeframe. It is expected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast time.
- Lamination is expected to be a very popular application segment in the ionomer resins market construction within the Asia Pacific during the forecast time. The demand for packaging used in cosmetics, food, and construction is expected to propel the market within the next few years.
- The Wood Plastic Composite (WPC) segment is an opportunity for growth in the market for ionomer resins in the construction industries in the Asia Pacific
Asia Pacific Ionomer Resins Market for Construction Industry: Competition Landscape
- The detailed profiles of the companies that offer Ionomer resins are comprised in the study to analyze their financials, their offerings in their products, latest developments, and strategies
- The key players in the market for ionomer resins for the construction industries across the Asia Pacific are
- DuPont de Nemours Inc.
- SK Geo Centric
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Solvay S.A.
- LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- 3M Company
- Brenntag SE
Asia Pacific Ionomer Resins Market for Construction Industry: Major Players
- Significant providers of ionomer resins, such as DuPont de Nemours Inc., SK Geo Centric, Honeywell, INEOS, International Inc., and 3M Company, are focusing on research & development, merger, joint venture, collaboration, and product innovation strategies.
- In the ionomer market for the construction industry in the Asia Pacific report, we have discussed the individual strategies and company profiles of the suppliers of Ionomer resins. The competition Landscape section has been added inside the document to provide the readers with a visual representation of a dashboard and market share analysis of the major players in the ionomer market for construction across Asia Pacific.
Asia Pacific Ionomer Resins Market for Construction Industry Snapshot
|Market Size Value in 2020||US$ 6,457.8 Th|
|Market Forecast Value in 2031||US$ 11,528.9 Th|
|Growth Rate (CAGR)||5.5%|
|Quantitative Units||US$ Mn for Value and Tons for Volume|
|Market Analysis||It includes cross segment analysis at Asia Pacific as well as at country level. Furthermore, qualitative analysis includes drivers, restraints, opportunities, key trends, Porters Five Forces analysis, supply chain analysis, and parent industry overview|
|Format||Electronic (PDF) Excel|
|Customization Scope||Available upon Request|
|Pricing||Available upon Request|
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Czech Republic
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Northern Africa
- Rest of MEA