COVID-19 Restrictions on Travel Public Transportation Focus on Hydrogen Technology
Long-term policy changes are being implemented through The United Nations to cater to sustainable development objectives due to the emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic. This is an advantage to companies operating in the bipolar fuel cell plate market since they are searching for possibilities to think about and redesign the energy systems that are currently dominated by high carbon emissions fossil fuels.
As people are becoming conscious of how coronavirus has reduced global carbon emissions because of the slowdown of factories, companies’ travel, and trade, and people are becoming more aware of the hydrogen technology used in the electric vehicle (EVs). The fuel cell bipolar plate industry manufacturers are leveraging this opportunity to boost their sales and marketing capabilities for hydrogen-powered EVs.
Sustainability and Durability Issues Bipolar Plates made of metals inhibit market Growth.
The bipolar plate of fuel cells market is predicted to grow at a rapid CAGR of 57.5 percent over the forecast time. Proton exchange membrane-based fuel cells (PEMFCs) are extensively promoted to lower dangerous gases generated during the electrochemical process in fuel stacks. However, the challenges of bipolar plates constructed of metal components and the resulting durability and sustainability are considered technical problems. Thus, the companies that operate in the market for fuel cell bipolar plates are exploring copper, stainless steel, nickel, and other potential candidates for sustainability in bipolar plates’ materials selections.
The high-precision processing technology of ultra-thin material thickness delivers the fuel stacks with less weight.
Ultralight Compact Bipolar Plates Enhance Prominence In PEM Fuel Cells
The bipolar plates for fuel cells market are predicted to hit the figure at US Dollars 4.4 Bn by 2030. Manufacturers are increasing their R&D strength to develop carbon-based, ultra-light, and compact bipolar plates designed to be used in PEM-based fuel cells. For instance, HYCCO, an innovator of hydrocarbon components used in fuel cells, has gained recognition for its high-electrically conductive bipolar plates, which are long-lasting and do not sacrifice the system’s compactness.
The companies in the bipolar plates for fuel cells market are changing their chemistry to create durable components that can seamlessly integrate into the vehicle system. They are expanding the supply of bipolar plates suitable for high and low temperatures PEM fuel cells.
Turnkey Bipolar Plates provide low-cost solutions for advanced Fuel Engines.
Investment in R&D is becoming more common to advance hydrogen technology. Dana, a leading global manufacturer of drivetrains and e-Propulsion systems, is increasing the production of bipolar plates with coated seals and seals that provide high-quality and affordable solutions for fuel engines with advanced technology. In this regard, the manufacturers of bipolar plates for fuel cells are testing metallic and molded composite plate materials designed to accommodate many different fuel cell needs.
Laser welding, precision stamping, and the integration of seals into bipolar plates are favored by automakers. Businesses operating in the fuel cell bipolar plate market are expanding the supply of turnkey parts, reducing the system cost.
Continuous Production of Graphite-based Foil Plates drives the market.
Companies operating in the bipolar plates for fuel cells market are collaborating with experts and engineers to improve the CAD (Computer-Aided Design) creation of components. ZBT GmbH, a research institute located in Duisburg, Germany, is growing in its ability to manufacture high-performance bipolar plates and sealing solutions for stacks of fuel cells using PEM.
The manufacturers in the bipolar plates for fuel cells market are expanding their R&D in innovative designs and materials to enhance the quality of stack elements. They are helping to build and test small stacks as well as full stacks. However, on the flip side, manufacturers are using continuous production of graphite made from foil bipolar plates. They are creating thin-walled graphite bipolar sheets which offer high corrosion resistance.
Energy Cell Bipolar Plate Market: Overview
- According to MWR’s most recent study of the world, bipolar fuel cell plate market for the historical period of 2019 as well as the projected from 2025 up to 2030, the growing demand for fuel cells in industries that require end-use, such as in the automotive sector is one of the significant factors that is likely to drive the global bipolar plate for fuel cells market over the forecast period.
- Regarding revenues, the global bipolar plate market for fuel cells is projected to reach US 4.4 Bn by 2030, growing at 57.5 percent in the forecast. As a material, graphite is expected to be a profitable segment of the bipolar plate market for fuel cells in the forecast timeframe because of the low resistance to contact and the high chemical stability of graphite even in acidic environments with pH less than 4. Based on the application, the protons exchange membrane fuel cell segment was the most significant segment of the bipolar plate market for fuel cells in 2019.
The rise in government initiatives to support the use of fuel cell Projects: A key driver for Fuel Cell Bipolar Plate Market
- The growing awareness of green energy and the introduction of strict government regulations and rules on emissions of greenhouse gases and carbon are causing companies to come up with highly efficient and environmentally friendly energy generation methods. A fuel cell is an enticing alternative to the energy produced by fossil fuels.
- The governments of the world are encouraging fuel cell-based projects. Governments provide support to the manufacturers of fuel cells as well as for the purchase of fuel cell-powered vehicles.
- For example, the Government of China introduced a new policy of providing subsidies for the entire value chain for fuel cells. The policy will provide funds for clusters of cities that meet standards, for instance, satisfying the technical specifications on energy density for fuel cells attaining an acceptable minimum range based on the kind of vehicle, and having at least 1,000 vehicles within the city or cluster. The policy will provide US$220 Mn over 4 years, based on the criteria the city or the group can meet. Additionally, they will receive an additional US$3 Mn to develop infrastructure for refueling. These subsidies could enable the launch of 37,50060,000 vehicles between 2020 and 2023.
- The government’s initiatives are likely to increase sales of the fuel cell. Bipolar plates for fuel cells market directly relies on selling the fuel cell. Therefore, the rise in government initiatives to support fuel cell projects is expected to increase demand for bipolar fuel cell plates in the coming years.
Increase in the Application of Fuel Cell Bipolar Plates for Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell
- Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell use is increasing dramatically due to increased investments in the production of clean power, especially in the developing and developed economies. A greater focus on reducing carbon emissions, the rapid exhaustion of fossil fuels, and a significant increase in demand for power in rural areas are just a few of the factors driving investments in the production of green energy.
- Demand for a bipolar fuel cell plate is directly related to the sale of proton exchange membranes for fuel cells. Bipolar plates of fuel cells evenly disperse air and fuel as well as transfer electrical current between cells. They also eliminate heat from the active region and stop the loss of coolant and gases. This results in the use of bipolar plates in fuel cells viable inside protons exchange membranes for fuel cells.
- Therefore, the increase in the demand for proton exchange membrane-based fuel cells is predicted to boost the demand for bipolar fuel cell plates.
|Fuel Cell Bipolar Plate Market Report Scope and Segmentation|
|UNIT||Value (USD Million/Billion)|
|BY REGION||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa|
- Carbon Composite Plate
- Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells (PEMFC)
- Phosphoric Acid Fuel Cells (PAFC)
- Molten Carbonate Fuel Cells (MCFC)
- Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFC)
- Direct methanol fuel cells (DMFC)
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Czech Republic
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Northern Africa
- Rest of MEA
Fuel Cell Market for Bipolar Plates Landscape of Landscape of Competition Landscape
- The detailed profiles of the companies operating in the global bipolar fuel cell plate market are included in the report to assess their financial performance, their products, the latest developments, and strategies.
- The global bipolar fuel cell plate market has been solidified. The global market for bipolar plates made of fuel is currently in the process of development. Major players operating in the global bipolar fuel cell plate market include
- Interplex Holdings Pte. Ltd.
- Shanghai Hongfeng Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Ballard Power Systems Inc.
- Aperam, Dana Limited
- Cell Impact
- Impact Coatings AB
- PRAGMA INDUSTRIES
- Technical Fibre Products
- Schunk Carbon Technology
- Nisshinbo Chemical Inc.
- Veco B.V.
Fuel Cell Bipolar Plate Market: Strategic Partnerships
- Leading companies operating in the global bipolar fuel cell plate market, like Impact Coatings AB, Cell Impact, and Dana Limited, are focusing on the latest developments to increase their presence. Other essential strategies for the global bipolar plate market for fuel cells are listed below:
- In October, Impact Coatings and Hyundai Motor Company signed an agreement for joint development collaboration in research and development for coating technologies for bipolar metal plates, which are a crucial element of hydrogen-electric vehicles powered by fuel cells. In addition, Impact Coatings’ Board of Directors of Impact Coatings proposed a direction for a new issue of shares Hyundai as well as Accendo Capital, and Hyundai submitted a candidate for members of the Impact Coatings board, both subject to the approval of an extraordinary general shareholder meeting.
- In April 2019, Dana Incorporated, a subsidiary of Dana Limited, applied its vast knowledge of fuel cells to develop and produce bipolar plates of metal and composite to be used in public transport systems, including eBus and hydrail. Innovating and testing fuel-cell components for new environmentally-friendly public vehicles is yet another step in Dana’s effort to allow the commercialization of applications using fuel cells.
- In the global bipolar plates market research report, we have discussed the individual strategies followed by the corporate profiles of the solar shades. The competition Landscape section has been added to the study to give readers an overview of the competitive landscape and a market share analysis of the major companies operating in the global bipolar fuel cell plate market.